Saturday, May 6, 2017

Jerome and More Sedona


The WINs were scheduled to go to the Grand Canyon next, but with night temperatures there in the 20s, Barbara and I and some others went back to the Sedona/Cottonwood area. I think Barbara was missing the cows just outside our doors...


The next day, Barbara and I drove off to the cute little town of Jerome, up the hill from Cottonwood.


Way off in the distance, we could see the San Francisco peaks up in Flagstaff. It looks really cold up there!


Our favorite shop in town was the Kaleidoscope and Art Glass shop. What do you see here? (You have to enlarge it to see..)


One evening, we went over to Crescent Moon Ranch to see the Red Rock Crossing. First we saw a big water wheel.


The trees have grown up at the Red Rock Crossing view point, but I'll do just about anything to get a picture.


Ahhh, much better. This is the classic picture of Cathedral Rock taken from the Crossing.


It was worth wading through the very cold water to get here.


On the way back to the car we saw this hawk posing nicely, so I zoomed in -


And zoomed in some more. Some young ladies we were talking to googled it and identified it as a Common Black Hawk.

2 comments:

  1. That was such a cool place. I loved walking through the water (since I made it safely, as did my new camera!) - glad I didn't hit any mossy spots. And seeing the Hawk in front of Cathedral Rock was pretty lucky! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kaleidoscope is pretty cool!! Yes, I see you!!
    Love the hawk picture and I can only imagine that hike through the waters was well worth that awesome picture!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!