Monday, June 20, 2011

Where in the World is Diana?

Well, wherever it is, I needed yet another new Canon camera, a Powershot D10. What's so special about this one? Well, it's waterproof, and I'm going to need it!


I'm off to Tahiti, to go on a cruise of French Polynesia and the Cook Islands.


The Air Tahiti terminal at LAX was a zoo.


But finally we were in the air and on our way. This is my first time crossing the equator.


After a VERY long day, we arrived after dark in Papeete, Tahiti.


We were greeted at the terminal -


And then at the ship by "The Gauguinnes." They are the welcoming committee at the m/s Paul Gauguin, a small but fancy cruise ship that stays in this part of the world. Our itinerary is here.


I was surprised at how large the town of Papeete is. And there were lots of visitors here, including this yacht complete with helicopter.


Even though it was way past my bedtime back home, I still managed to dance a little up on the pool deck to a great little band.

There will be LOTS of pictures and adventures coming, so stay tuned!

To see the next post, click on "Newer Posts" at the bottom of the page.

23 comments:

  1. This is just so wonderful!!! Have a great time. I have never been south of the equator, so I am a bit jealous!
    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you took the plane rather than trying to find the bridge. Sounds like you will have a great time.

    Looking for posts as you explore Tahiti and where ever else you may travel in Micronesia.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun. Definitely sounds like you need that waterproof camera. I can hardly wait to see your pictures. Have a fantastic time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a dream trip. Enjoy, take lots of pictures. I envy you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! What a treat for you! Can't wait to view your next posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool! a new camera AND a great adventure!! Looking forward to the pics you will send us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way cool, Diana. I'm happy for ya. I never would have guessed Tahiti. WOW, how thrilling! Can't wait to enjoy more vicariously. Actually, I just stepped outside and could see fireworks from right out in front--Tahitis got nothin' on Illinois. Have a great time anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. way to go Diana!..have a great time in Tahiti!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds like a lot of fun! Too bad airlines do not perform the same rituals that ships do when they cross the equator. I still have nightmares about that:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool! I thought we would have to wait until you got home to see pictures. I don't see you dancing in that last picture.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks like great fun. Have a great time on your cruise.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bet you'll have a fun time. Look forward to all the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks like wonderful adventures await you. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looking forward to photos from your SCUBA experience. Have fun,

    love 'ya

    ReplyDelete
  15. DANG you're half way to Australia--Awesome--love the new toy does that mean some snorkling is in your future or Diving? Yippie! I went snorkling in the Bahamas once its such fun the water was so clear it would have been good for photos!
    Cant wait to see the rest of your adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh lucky you! We so want to go to Tahiti. Have a great time and enjoy, which we are sure you will.

    Kevin and Ruth
    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! An out of this world (country) adventure! :c)

    Have a ball!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Color me jealous.
    Looking forward to the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Welcome back to Blogland! I hope your cruise is (was) all that you hoped it would be. Can't wait to read all about it and travel vicariously through your words and photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow how wonderful is that I am so jealous LOL Hope you have a fantastic time!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey, next time invite me along.
    Nikki Clark

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!