Monday, June 18, 2018

The Black Hills from the Air


But first, I took a drive through Custer State Park. There are some very friendly wild donkeys here.


They quickly realized that we didn't have any food...


Every other time I've been in the park, I've seen lots of bison. But this time only this one poor guy. Where are his friends?


We also saw a few pronghorns.


Or, you can just go to Cabela's, where there are lots of animals!


But I had been seeing helicopters buzzing overhead, and I wanted to go! They even ran out and washed the windows for me!


And off we go! I got to go over the top of Black Elk Peak, the highest summit in the US east of the Rockies.


And I got a good view of the old lookout tower on top.


We went over the prettiest part of the Needles -


And went by an old mica mine.


Here's beautiful Sylvan Lake that I tried to hike around the other day.


Wow! A herd of bison, including some babies.


Our last view before landing was the Crazy Horse Memorial.


Wow! What a great ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!