Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Flying to a Surprise Birthday Party!


With my RV safely in the Kansas City Airport parking lot, I flew East to surprise my granddaughter for her 4th birthday. She had no idea I was coming, and was thrilled to see me! Since she's a big fan of Wonder Woman, she was especially excited by my "Wonder Grandma" shirt.


She had her birthday party with her friends earlier, but this one was just for family.


She was just thrilled!


One day, her other Grandma and I took her for a short walk to the lake near their house.


We told her that she had to get us back, and she was very proud of herself for leading us back.


On Mother's Day, we all went out to lunch at a fantastic restaurant. I really know how to pick the right time to come visit! (Sorry, I ate most of it before I remembered to take a picture...)


My granddaughter is taking swimming lessons, and I got to see one. Since her father was a great swimmer, I don't think she'll have a problem...


And she's quite the poser...


I also went up to Pennsylvania to see my father. On the way I stopped to see the train station at Point of Rocks, in Maryland right along the Potomac River just north of Virginia.


The first day I was at my father's, I saw a magazine article about a big flock of Great Egrets nesting in a nearby town. So we drive over. WOW!!! There were 17 nests together in a small area - 6 in this picture alone!


It was breeding season, and the wind showed off their breeding plumage.


Some were sitting on eggs, and some were still building their nests.


The green around their eyes only shows up in breeding season.


There were also lots of ducks in the small lake next to the nests. This one had a big family!


Then, all too soon it was time to fly back to Kansas City and catch up with the WINs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!