Friday, October 11, 2013

Big Rocks and Old Cars


Our spot on Buttermilk Rd outside of Bishop, CA is very popular with photographers early in the morning. I hope they aren't photographing us - I haven't combed my hair yet...


Oh - that's the big attraction! The colors when the sun first hits the mountains are just amazing.


There seems to be a lot of traffic on Buttermilk Rd and we couldn't figure out what they were going. So we drove down there and found a lot of gigantic boulders. There are also a lot of hippies camping. (No, that's not one of them...)


Barbara and I went up to South Lake to see if we could find any water. The cars on the road were a real blast from the past, due to the car show in town.


A 4X4 Corvette!


We went for a very short hike along the shore, but found that South Lake, or should I call it South Lake Bed, was just as low as Lake Sabrina.


More old cars on the road back down the hill were very colorful -


Along with the autumn leaves. There's a waterfall in there too.


I always think the aspens are watching me...


We did got to the car show in town, where I found this cute little VW Bug camper.


It even had a bathroom!

12 comments:

  1. I don't know how we missed the VW camper. That was a big car show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cars added a lot of color to Mother Nature's show. Love that Aspen looking at you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That VW Camper is toooo funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. May I just say that this trip is the best! The scenery is breathtaking, especially when the sunlight strikes the mountain. It's a one-of-a-kind experience. Plus, the car show. I agree with you, it's a real blast-from-the-past kind of show. They all look good. Anyone would want to buy one after seeing this, I am sure.

    Arlyne @ Spartan Toyota Scion

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know that trees have eyes. That's really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great mountain picture with the sun on it. That VW is too small even for us:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hehe..that beetle camper is cute. I did send that pic to my cousion who is a real VW enthusiast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors in this post - natural and not. The VW camper - what a hoot!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice "Pot" T in that bug. Wonder if it can be used while driving...

    ReplyDelete
  10. That lovely pink glow on the mountains is known as Alpenglow! I believe it is due to pink quartz on those mountains. So pretty!

    Metamorphosis Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Always follow the photographers! And then move around them to find some shots that are uniquely your own...but I don't have to tell you that because you're great at that already. Can't decide what I love more in the VW camper, the red interior or the piss pot!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!