Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Cochiti Lake, Near Santa Fe


I next moved to Cochiti Lake near Santa Fe, NM. It's another beautiful campground by a lake. There are lots of them in New Mexico! Who knew!


The road over the dam has been closed since 9/11, but it was a nice walk.


Made it to the other side!


We first visited nearby Kasha-Katuwe Tent Rocks National Monument.


Proclaimed a National Monument by Bill Clinton, it has some very unique features -


Including a big tree standing on its tiptoes!


There was also a cave in the rock that was carved 500-800 years ago. Soot from fires can still be seen inside.


And there was some hanky-panky going on nearby...


It's a gorgeous little hike!


The next day, I woke up to this. Snow!


Admittedly, this was 3 weeks ago, since I'm so slow in blogging, but it was still a surprise.


I also got to see the nearby artsy town of Madrid. (Pronounced MADrid)


Woo-hoo! Lots of rusty stuff here!


I'm in heaven!


Even an old locomotive!

2 comments:

  1. We visited Madrid about a year and a half ago - interesting place for my shoppers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right in my back yard. I wished we could have met up with you while you were here. Wifey likes your pictures of the animals.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!