Sunday, April 22, 2018

Elephant Butte State Park


Until now, I've never spent any time in the New Mexico state parks, but I plan to fix that this spring. My first stop was Elephant Butte SP, near Truth or Consequences, NM.


I think that's the Elephant, but I don't get it...


There was lots of cute wildlife in the area -


And an adorable bird. Anyone know what this is?


T or C has some really nice hot springs. We decided on Riverbend Hot Springs.


It's right along the Rio Grande River.


I loved the landscaping between the pools and the river.


We also had a great lunch in town -


And went to Sparky's in Hatch, a famous place for another delicious lunch.

So far, I'm really liking New Mexico!

7 comments:

  1. I enjoy following your posts - keep them coming! And I need lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a good place to visit - natural springs hot tub looks comforting

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never could figure out the elephant either when we were there. T or C is really a fun little town. We spent a month there and loved it - except for the wind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing! That hot tub looks inviting! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. With the strong bill curve I think it's a female pine grosbeak. NM is Def on my list I have a few spots mapped out already enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess seeing the elephant depends on how many drinks you had, but then, wouldn't it be pink?

    ReplyDelete
  7. If that is the butte, you have to really use your imagination, but you can sort of -- mind, I said sort of -- see the stretched out in front of the head

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!