Friday, April 13, 2018

Faywood Hot Springs and City of Rocks


After returning from my trip to Mexico, I moved east to spend some time in New Mexico. I first stayed at Faywood Hot Springs, which was really nice. Unfortunately, I took NO pictures! But City of Rocks State Park is right down the road, and I went over there several times.


My friend Karylee was parked there and she showed us all the sights.


Like Kissing Rock -


And one of the Kokopelli pictographs, which was hidden behind a rock.


When we removed the rock, this guy flew out. There was a lot of screaming involved...


This is the larger Kokopelli. They look a little too perfect to be very old...


There are also some petroglyphs there, and Karylee knew just where to find them.


She also knew where a mommy owl, "Owlive," was nesting. She was in a very high rock and I was zooming in a lot. She was asleep anyway...


On the weekend, they had a Medieval Festival.


It was weird to see the modern people and the medieval people wandering around among the rocks.


There was always something scary around the corner...


They also had a Medieval jam session going on.


And some very unique travel units.

I have not spent very much time in New Mexico until now, but I was very impressed with both Faywood Hot Springs and City of Rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!