Sunday, August 27, 2017

A Short Stop in Billings


On my way to Cody to view the eclipse, I made a short stop in Billings. On the way there, I did a short hike to Pine Creek Falls.


Then in Billings I went to check out their zoo. I was pretty impressed. Although they only have 11 major animal species at this time, the animals had lots of room.


I got there just when they let the grizzly bears out. They had hidden food all over their pen, and it was fun to watch them find it.


The tiger was pacing on his well-worn path. I was happy I didn't get sprayed like the last time I saw one...


The funniest thing was this beaver trying to get to the tree that was painted on the wall...


Distracted again by bees on flowers -


And this peacock just wandering free on the grounds.


The laughing Kookaburra was enjoying his lunch!


I also went to the Montana State Fair. Most of the stuff was centered around kids and 4-H -


But it was lots of fun to see.


The had a craft exhibit, but it was also kids-oriented.

4 comments:

  1. Great Photos as usual, the poor beaver, but the Kookaburra is a great shot..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or perhaps the saddest thing was the beaver trying to get to a tree :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a great place for the animals. Love your photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. State fairs are always fun! Awesome waterfall.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!