Sunday, September 18, 2016

Mono Lake and Yosemite


From Springfield, OR, I moved south pretty fast, stopping at 3 Walmarts overnight along the way. The one in Klamath Falls, OR was very popular with the gulls.


I headed down Hwy 395 to my favorite spot overlooking Mono Lake. I found this spot several years ago, but now it's listed in Allstays and freecampsites.net, so I had lots of company. They were nice people though, and I enjoyed the conversations.


I went down to South Tufa to do the nature trail there.


Loved this arch!


And all the other interesting formations.


The water level is still down from where it used to be, but higher than it was the last time I was here.


I also drove up to the Tuolumne Meadows section of Yosemite National Park. First stop was this waterfall, before you even get into the park.


Along the road there were some very interesting rock formations.


I stopped at Tuolumne Meadows and went on a short walk along the Tuolumne River.


Even met another new friend!


Next stop was Tenaya Lake, where these crazy people were actually swimming in the frigid water.


And then I went on to Olmsted Point, where you can see Half Dome off in the distance.


If you zoom in, you can see climbers going up the rope ladder to the top.


See them now? It was still early in the morning, but it gets really crowded later in the day.

1 comment:

  1. Good to know there is ore water in Mono now...are you thinking of climbing half dome?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!