Tuesday, June 17, 2008

More Fun at Paul's

I wasn't sure I wanted to go to the Volo Auto Museum. Sounded like a guy thing to me. I was afraid there would just be a lot of old cars, but I was pleasantly surprised. Most of these cars I remembered! (Duh, maybe I'm just old...)


Most of the cars were for sale.


But my favorite part was a large collection of TV and movie cars, including the Batmobile,


The Flintstone-mobile,


And the Cat-in-the-Hat-Mobile, which cost 1.2 million to build and was used by Mike Myers in the 2003 movie.


I had a great time hamming it up with the Blues Brothers.


On another day, we went to tour the Golden Oaks Farm. This is a beautiful dairy farm, the home of 600 registered Holsteins.


The cows are milked 3 times a day, and each produce an average of 10 gallons of milk per day. The milk is carried away in a stainless steel enclosed system to the processor and cooled from 100 degrees to 36 degrees, all in 15 minutes.


The cows were a little skittish, except for this curious one.


Here's what I was amazed by -- there was no cow manure smell! The barns are cleaned 3 times a day. What a difference between this and the barns around Yuma, where the smell is evident for miles around.


And last, but not least, we had a pig roast! Lots of testosterone was necessary to check to see if Miss Piggy was done.


Finally!


Yummy....

3 comments:

  1. I remember a few years ago when I went to an antique car show and realized that most of the cars were younger than me. Not a happy thought.

    Oh, and the pig is done when the little timer thingy pops up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember in the movie Giant when they served Liz Taylor Brains scooped straight from the freshly roasted Pig? Definitely a Hollywood Moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a huge difference in smell between a Dairy and a Feed Lot! LOL

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!