Saturday, April 25, 2015

More of Arches and Canyonlands


While in Moab, I spent a day in the Island in the Sky section of Canyonlands NP. From the end of the road, Grand View Point, you get a good view of Monument Basin.


And you can see the White Rim Road down below. You can also see why they call it the White Rim.


Zooming in on some of the "Monuments."


This is the view from the Green River Overlook.


The Green River merges into the Colorado River farther south in the middle of the park.


I went out to look at Upheaval Dome. It's so big I had to put two pictures together - that's why the skyline is so rounded. They don't know how this was formed - either from a meteorite 200 million years ago, or a slow-moving salt dome even older.


The next day, I went back to Arches to do some more little hikes. No trip to Arches would be complete without a little hike out to Landscape Arch. A piece of it fell down in 1991, and now you aren't allowed to walk under it.


I also did the little side-trail to Pine Tree Arch -


And Tunnel Arch.


You can see Skyline Arch from the road.


And I cheated and got a picture of Delicate Arch from the overlook.

6 comments:

  1. PRETTY COOL ARCHES,NICE SCENERY TOO!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All these images of Arches bring back great memories of visits pre-Phaeton.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures, some scenery you just never get bored with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That place really is a whole lot of fantastic scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos. It has been so long since I have been there. Just the memories now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your shot of skyline awesome composition!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!