Friday, July 2, 2021

And I'm Off Again!

After 2 nights in Quito, we are off again, headed west. The plane stopped briefly in Guayaquil -
And then continued on to the Galapagos Islands! I have been there before, but this time we are going to different islands.
. On our way to ship, we went by a lot of Blue Footed Boobies!
There it is, the Bonita, our home for the next 6 nights.
At lunch, we met our crew. Our guide, Fabian, is on the right. There are 16 passengers, including the 5 of us.
I scored a room all to myself. I don't know what the towel is supposed to be, but it looks dead...
After lunch, we went on our first outing, a hike at Dragon Hill on Santa Cruz Island.
We saw the first of many Sally Lightfoot Crabs,
Marine Iguanas,
And Land Iguanas.
We also saw a lot of their variety of Prickly Pear Cactus, unusual because of the barked trunks.
The food on the ship was fancy and delicious!

3 comments:

  1. I didn't realize there were land and marine iguanas. And your bed partner does look pretty sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! I’m loving the adventures you’re sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see you great photos. I have always wanted to go.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!