Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Day Trip from Quito to Otavalo

On our first full day in Ecuador, we went on a tour to the town of Otavalo. On our way, we stopped to see the biggest lake in Ecuador, and the kids got to try out a huge swing.
I loved the bathroom signs!
The big attraction in Otavalo is the market. The kids got to try out their bargaining skills, and they did well.
After the market, we went to see Peguche Falls. Last time I was in Ecuador, I didn't get to see this, so I was really happy this time.
And then we went to Parque Condor, where there was a very funny bird show. Unfortunately, it was in Spanish, so I didn't get the jokes...
The birds were really good posers, though!
And very well trained.
After the show, we walked around seeing some of the other birds. This is an Ornate Hawk-Eagle.
And here's what I really wanted to see - an Andean Condor, the largest flying bird in the world!

2 comments:

  1. Nice photos. I love raptors. Looking forward to the rest of your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post brings back memories of our Quito/Galapagos trip. I enjoyed the short hike to the Peguche Falls.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!