Sunday, September 8, 2019

Catching Up with the WINs


After flying back to Missoula, I picked up my rig and drove all the way to Puyallup, WA to catch up with the WINs. I had intended to do the almost-500 mile journey over 2 days, but the place I was going to stop fell through, so I ended up doing it all in one day!


I didn't do much with the group, because I was busy shopping and stocking up. But I did go into Tacoma with the group and do a few things. First up was the old Elks Temple, which is now a McMenamins.


McMenamins is a chain of brewpubs, breweries, music venues, historic hotels, and theater pubs in Oregon and Washington, set in rehabilitated historical properties.


The insides are always beautiful and unique.


After touring the inside, we went out and walked down the "Spanish Steps" next to the building.


The elk on the front of the building has had some enhancement done to his horns.


We went by the Old City Hall.


We walked across the Chihuly Bridge of Glass, where we saw lots of Chihuly pieces, including these 2 big ones.


There are lots of small pieces on the sides on each side of the bridge.


But the most beautiful part was the ceiling!


On the other side of the bridge is Union Station.


Out front, I tried to take off with this guy's bag, but it was just too heavy...


Inside was a lot more Chihuly glass.


We also went through the Museum of Glass, where we saw..... even more Chihuly glass!


The only other thing I did at this short stop, besides shopping, was to walk around Bradley Lake.

2 comments:

  1. 500 miles is a lot of driving! Good for you. The Chihuly glass is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is a long drive! We have not done one of those in a very long time:)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!