Monday, April 1, 2019

Where Have I Been?


After getting back from San Miguel the middle of February, I spent some time in Apache Junction before I went on a couple more trips. (More on that later...)

My sister's kids came to visit her so we all went on some excursions in the Mesa/Phoenix/Apache Junction area. We did a trip out to Tortilla Flat. First, we saw a poor guy hanging on the street.


The good news was that there was lots of rusty stuff!


AND we found the Lost Dutchman's Gold mine!


We ate lunch at the very busy restaurant there, where the walls are covered with dollar bills.


I really liked the ladies rest room!


On the way home, we stopped at the little chapel that was part of a movie set.


Elvis is inside, and my sister and I got to chummy up to him!


On another day, we went to the Musical Instrument Museum in Phoenix. I really liked the guitars made out of oil cans -


And these bagpipes were very unique.


And then one day it snowed on the top of the Superstition Mountains! Unusual here, even in February! This was the view from the Apache Junction Elks Lodge, where I was parked.

1 comment:

I love comments!