Sunday, April 21, 2019

Back to Apache Junction for Awhile


After my Baja bus tour down to pet the whales, I spent some more time in Apache Junction. This is real horse country, for sure. These 2 are right near where I am parked, with the Superstition Mountains in the background.


One day I took a little hike in Lost Dutchman State Park to look for some wildflowers.


There were horses out there too!


I found some wildflowers, but not too many. And no poppies.


I went by my favorite hugging saguaro again.


One thing I've always wanted to do here was see the shadow of the cougar chasing his prey down the Superstitions. It only happens a few days in March and a few days in September. (I'm still behind on the blog...) There were lots of people standing on the road waiting. It's not quite there yet.


But there it is!!! It happens right before the sun goes down.


We had a great sunset too.

2 comments:

  1. I missed it this year. So I'm glad you got a pic of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would definitely be something to see and Photograph.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!