Thursday, April 11, 2019

More Whales!


And if one fantastic whale petting adventure wasn't enough, we went on another one the next day! Once again, as soon as we got out to the main area of the lagoon, the friendly whales arrived.



A short video showing 3 whales around out boat!


This time I brought my underwater camera. I had to lean over the edge of the boat, which was bouncing up and down, and try to keep the camera underwater. I got a lot of bad shots, but a few good ones.


I even got an eyeball!



The most exciting thing we saw was this threesome mating, which I got on video. Well, actually two are mating, but the other male assists in keeping the female steady.


One our way back to the dock, a whale decided to follow along with us!



Our guide got a video of it!


Then when we got back closer to our dock, we saw a dead whale that had washed up on the beach. So sad!


Back at our hotel, there was an osprey nest right out front.


I think they're giving us the evil eye!

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic. I see I will have to go prepared with seasickness meds. I’m usually OK ... but in a small boat it might be a different story.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!