Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Coeur d'Alene - What a Beautiful Town!


The WINs moved on to Coeur d'Alene, ID, situated on the banks of 32-mile-long Coeur d'Alene Lake. The lake is behind me here.


There it is!


The marina has 365 slips, and there is a 3300'-long floating boardwalk all around the harbor.


There are 5 life-size Mudgy Moose statues around town. Mudgy is the star of the children's book "Mudgy and Millie." Mudgy is looking for his friend Millie, a mouse, and can't find her anywhere.


He finally finds here when he looks at his reflection in the lake. That Millie is pretty sneaky.


On the weekend, the town had a huge Street Fair. The booths went on for blocks, and had some really nice stuff.


Right next to downtown is Tubbs Hill, a park with lovely hiking trails.


We walked around the hill one day.


Paddle boarding is very popular here.


As are seagulls who can't read!


Another thing I loved about the town is all the thrift stores - I went to 10 of them and there were more. I contemplated this wine bottle holder for my son, but by the time I asked him if he wanted it, it was gone. Oh well... I did get lots of stuff for myself, and got something for Mark at the Street Fair.

7 comments:

  1. That really is a beautiful area. Been a long time since I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder it's such a beautiful area, no rusty stuff! :cD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jon and I drove through Coeur d'Alene this December and thought it was stunning. We parked at a picnic area near the lake and made lunch while we watched bald eagles fishing for theirs. Magical. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures. It looks like an amazing area. I need to visit.

    Keith
    RV 123

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful area! Love the statues!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mudgy is adorable, as well as Mudgy's hidden friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, that bear is cute. But it just wasn't meant to be.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!