Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Little Hollywood

After our gathering at Page, we moved on to Mt. Carmel Junction in Utah. Bill had made arrangements for us to stay in a very nice gravel pit for both our Kanab and Zion gatherings. We didn't know there would be over 100 horses here too, but we had a fun time watching them. They were part of a long distance equestrian club, and travel 50 miles each day.


Kanab is called "Little Hollywood" because of the many western movies and TV shows that were filmed there. We got a free tour of the Little Hollywood Movie Museum.


And then had a great chuckwagon lunch.


Yummy!


I met some new friends -


And then we participated in a short skit. I didn't really get the gist of it -


But I was one of the Indians.


I thought the bad guy was really hot. At least until he went after the saloon girls!


More photo ops---


Never be content with the most obvious shot.


Back at Mt. Carmel Junction, we stopped in for desert to get some Ho-Made Pies.


Across the street is a poor sheriff. She's been there for days. Maybe I should take her some pie.


I sure hope she's all right.

5 comments:

  1. Nice to see the Sheriff's Department is an equal opportunity dummy user.

    When is your movie coming out? Surely it wil be a big hit. And to think I knew you before you became a big Hollywood star... ;c)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new friends seem pretty reserved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chuckwagon feast looks delicious! I bet the pie was too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm. Why is Phil always the bad guy?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!