Tuesday, March 3, 2020

More Fun in San Felipe


Another one of our organized outings at the Escapee Hangout at San Felipe was a trip to Valley of the Giants, which is a park where a lot of the huge cactus called Cardons live. Cardons are similar to Saguaros that we have in Arizona, but they are larger and branch out closer to the ground.


Our group posed in front of the largest one in the park.


Back at camp, we had a Tequila and Mezcal tasting, put on by C&G Cava Boutique.


They provided all the condiments, and we were taught what to use with what.


Afterwards, there was another great band to dance to. Sure wish I had a guy here...


On another day, Rosemary and I thought it would be a good idea to organize a "Three Hour Tour" on a local boat...


BIG MISTAKE! This is Sandy's Facebook account of how it went down...


Every day, I've been looking up past the Malecon, and seeing a lighthouse, and another little building on top of a hill.


So we went to investigate. First we climbed the pink stairs up to the Guadalupe Shrine.


We got a great view from the top, including this old boat, which of course I loved.


And a gorgeous view of the lighthouse, which wasn't open to the public.


We also saw the statue inside the Shrine.


Then we did some shopping along the Malecon. This is how they collect plastic for recycling. Genius!


The Malecon has many beautiful mosaics, all along the beach.


I looked long and hard for a souvenir t-shirt, but they didn't have any ladies shirts that I liked. But I liked the message of this one. I'm definitely having fun!


Good night!

2 comments:

  1. Sandy's description made me laugh but so not funny if I was really wanting the boat ride. But you guys dont let anything stop your good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures, and I love the pink stairs!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!