Saturday, June 29, 2019

Grand Teton National Park


The WINs moved on to Grand Teton National Park, and I was happy to go with them. This is one of my very favorites. And my favorite hike is the one to Taggart Lake. It seems like you are walking right towards the Tetons!


There she is - Taggart Lake!


On the way there, and on the way back, you go over a wooden bridge over this gushing stream.


Then on the way back to camp, we came upon this cute little moose!


We stayed at Gros Ventre campground, which is right along the Gros Ventre River. Seems like there should be some moose there, but we went over in the evening and didn't see anything.


But the next morning, there were some deer walking right by my campsite!


We then took a ride out to Mormon Row. On the way, I had to stop to take some pictures.


Mormon Row is a very famous place to take pictures of a beautiful barn with the Tetons in the background.


There are actually 2 very photogenic barns. Unfortunately, while I was busy shooting, I fell into a gopher hole and sprained my ankle. So no more hiking for me for a while...


On the way home, we stopped to look at the Cunningham Cabin. Not very impressive -


But boy, what a view!


On another evening, 4 of us did a jam for the rest of the group. I played my baritone ukulele.


Some of our audience. Since I was taking the pictures, I'm not in the pictures, but you may be able to see Jerry's video of our new theme song, with words by Paul, here.

1 comment:

  1. Hope by now your ankle has healed. The Tetons are really magnificent.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!