Monday, July 1, 2019

Wildlife and Hot Springs!


With my sprained ankle, I couldn't do much at Grand Teton National Park. But one day, a group of us headed out to Granite Hot Springs. Sounded perfect for my ankle.

Leaving the campground, we saw 2 moose over by the river. Wow!


The drive out to the hot springs was very scenic.


Wait! What's that!?! Is it a grizzly bear?


Hey! Whatcha looking at!


Arriving at the hot springs. I got dropped off at the handicapped area and hobbled over to the pool.


The pool was beautiful, and I think the warm water really helped my ankle. The others were disappointed that the water was warm, not hot, but I liked it that way, because I could stay in for a long time. They seem to cater to families with kids in the summer and cool the water down.


After a long soak, we headed back along the river, where this time we saw rafters.


And then driving back to the campground, we saw another moose.


Wow! We're getting pretty good at spotting them.


On the night before we left, we went out looking for wildlife in the evening. We had almost given up, when we came around the corner and saw these Bighorn Sheep right on the road in front of us!


They stared us down for awhile, and then the alpha male led them up the hill around us. I don't think I've ever seen such big horns!


We turned around and headed home, seeing this beautiful sunset behind the Tetons. The shading of the light by the mountains was really unique.

4 comments:

  1. That sunset shot is fantastic. Around here we just see sheep and cattle. Oh and some red deer in Killarney.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tetons and Jackson Hole are a photographers dream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always nice to see Animals in their natural setting.
    Beautiful Sunset.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the Adventure.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Moose picture. Glad your ankle is getting better.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!