Friday, June 7, 2019

Bryce Canyon - One of the Prettiest Spots on Earth!


The WINs next moved to Panguitch, Utah. First we did a little hike in Red Canyon, in a National Forest near Bryce Canyon National Park.


We didn't go very far, but they have some really nice trails through the hoodoos.


And on the way home, we stopped at one of my favorite pieces of rusty stuff. This old car gets buried deeper each year I come here.


The next day, we did a trip into Bryce. Wow! I've been here many times before, but it never ceases to amaze me.


The panorama shot above is great, but I prefer to zoom in a little.


The lighting was really great that day. Sometimes cloudy shots were better than the sunny shots.


Zooming in even more.


We walked along the rim trail from Inspiration Point to Sunrise Point. I had to stop and take a picture of my favorite tree standing on its tiptoes.


Wow! How in the world were those hoodoos formed?


And then, on the shuttle bus back to the car, who should we run into but Gaelyn of Geogypsy blog fame! I knew she was working as a ranger here this summer, so I had my eyes open for her. Turns out this was her first official day on duty! And she took the time to do a fantastic explanation of how the hoodoos were formed.

4 comments:

  1. You bring back memories for me of the time I visited Bryce. Glad you ran into Gaelyn. She's a neat lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful geography! Thx for sharing . . . never get tired of looking at photos of this area and you've got some great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good grief ... is that tree still standing on its tip toes? We saw it in the 1980s ... I thought Mother Nature would have felled it by now. Goes to show what strong roots will do for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been meaning to stop and shoot that old car, although I'm sure it has many bullet holes. ;) Was a great surprise when you sat down next to me on the shuttle.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!