Saturday, May 4, 2019

It's Blooming in Phoenix!


After my cruise to Baja, I headed back to Phoenix for awhile until it got too hot. I did a day trip to the Desert Botanical Gardens. A photo at the entrance - those light green things are glass.


There are lots of cacti here, and a lot of them are blooming.


One of the prettiest is the Claret Cup Cactus.


Pretty!


The Saguaro were not blooming yet, but I did see one close relative, the Cardon, blooming.


And they had a Crested Saguaro, very rare.


The Palo Verde trees were in full bloom -


As was the Fairy Duster -


And the Yucca.


I met a new friend among the Palo Verde blossoms.


And when I got home, there was a Red-Tailed Hawk (I think) staring me down in the parking lot!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had another interesting day checking the beauty of Nature. The colours really improved after we left the area.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!