Sunday, February 17, 2019

And I'm Off!


Before my big trip, I visited with my daughter and her family in San Diego. We ate out one day, and I got this fortune cookie. How did they know?


While I was there, my granddaughter went to a dinner/dance at her school. How did she get so big?



And my grandson had a gymnastics competition. He go 4 first places, a second, and a third in the 6 different events.


And so he also got first in All-Around in his age and skill level!


Then I was off! You can walk over a private bridge from the US to the Tijuana airport, where the flights are much cheaper. My round-trip, nonstop flight to Guanajuato, Mexico was a whole $71.69!


Taking off, I got a view of the long lines at the vehicle border crossing.


Lots of good scenery on the flight. We flew over the mountains of Baja -


And the Gulf of California.


I recognized San Carlos, where I visited last year.


I've arrived! My friend Rosemary picked me up at the airport. She and 2 other friends have been in San Miguel de Allende for 2 weeks already.


When we got to San Miguel, we walked downtown.


The main attraction here in the square is the Parroquia de San Miguel Arcangel.


We relaxed for a bit-


Then went out to dinner. Wow! This was 3 meals for me!


After we got home, we went up on our roof balcony to watch the sun set.

Lots more to come!

2 comments:

  1. What an adventure you are having. Love the church pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be Safe and Enjoy your next Adventure.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!