Sunday, February 5, 2012

New Stuff in Quartzsite

A Mountie from Saskatchewan? Now that is something new. He was in the Big Tent, but unfortunately, he wasn't for sale.


This kid, also in the big tent, was soooo cute, and such an expert little salesman. He was selling a tiny device that would turn anything, even a pizza box, into a speaker. You could even stick it on the side of your RV.


Outside the tent, the Michelin Man was here this year. He's been selling tires since 1898 and looks good for his age.


Also new this year was a house made out of a section of a 1900-year-old Redwood. You really can find anything is Quartzsite!


There are always lots of funny t-shirts.


I thought the slide on this Silverback 5th Wheel by Forest River was a good idea. Rain water would run off the peaked roof of the slide, and you would not need an awning on top of it.


This cute camel made out of wheels has been around for a while, but now he's painted and decorated.


The goods in Quartzsite are not limited to just RV stuff. If you go to some of the other shopping areas around town, you can find all sorts of stuff.


But as many times as I have been here, I have never before seen Dinosaur poop!


Now for a couple of things that I actually did buy. I got Valentine's cards for my grandkids that are puzzles. You write on the back, then send them in pieces so they can put them together. (I hope they aren't looking at the blog...)


And a replacement head for the antenna on my RV that will pick up digital stations better. More on this after I put it on and see how it works...

16 comments:

  1. Fun photos, Diana. BTW, we got the same digital antenna a year or so ago, and we're pleased with the results. Even installed it ourselves - yippee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That mounty would be tough to store! Hmmm... maybe we wouldn't want to store him if we could multi-purpose him (chauffeur, cook, maid...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking I could find something else to do with the Mounty besides have him cook and be a maid! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed the log house!! We had a jack antenna and it worked great but it didn't last very long. Hopefully they've improved their lasting time. Hang on to your receipt because they won't do anything for you without it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quartzsite is definitely a mecca for shoppers. I'm not sure the poop qualifies though for something someone might want to buy but what do I know?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too bad that handsome Mountie was not for sale, but you passed up the opportunity to be the first WIN to have your very own dinosaur chip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking forward to your review of the antenna. I'm looking for signal boosters for my Verizon/Internet and also my over-the-air TV reception.

    Funny how some out of the way places are speedy and constant, and sometimes in a place like San Diego, it's pretty bad. When I was in Quartzsite, I had no TV reception at all at my site, but lightning fast Internet, so I could HULU my TV shows.

    I mean really, ya gotta get one or the other, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shopping in Quartzsite can show you just a bit of everything. Even dino poop. I do like that pitched roof slide out. Makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have read about a lot of interesting stuff at Q this year, but you are the first with a Mountie:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun photos that highlight the eclectic nature of Q.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is so much to do at Quartzsite! I wish I could have gone, but maybe next year :D. I really like that BoomBox device. I wanted to tell you about this site, RV123.com. If you're ever looking for campgrounds, RV shows, rallies or dealerships from across the nation, check out www.RV123.com. They have a lot of information for the enthusiast, including RVs for sale.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You always do the best job of finding the new things. I did see the Mountie. Of course, I could hardly miss him.

    ReplyDelete
  13. SO MANY cool things there...Love the mountie--yaya.
    AND the Ass family shirt lol very funny and I hope that TV antenna works ---

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great idea on the slide out... added it to my wish list. Passed on the dino poop tho. Way too funny. Thx for sharing all the cool pix! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. My first year to miss in a while and they bring out all the new stuff. Oh well, maybe it will be there next year. Keep me posted on how you like the antenna. I now have 2 digital tvs and I can get rid of the converter box and am looking for something to help reception. I added one of those add-on things to my existing antenna and didn't think it helped at all.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Diana,
    I showed the antenna on your blog to Jim. He looked it up on-line and learned the one we have is the considered the best on the market. He then learned he has to program it for each area as we move. So, now I get to watch Downton Abbey on PBS tomorrow night. Thanks to you.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!