Thursday, April 27, 2017

One Last Sedona Post


One day Barbara (of Me, My Dog...and my RV fame) and I went to visit the Palatki ruins, 7 miles down the road we are parked on. You must schedule a tour to see the ruins.


The ruins were built from 1100 to 1400 by the Sinagua people.


You can no longer walk through them, but can walk right up to them.


There is another trail to see the pictographs and petroglyphs, which you can visit without being scheduled for a tour.


Back at camp, balloons were still landing almost every morning. My almost-3-year-old granddaughter happened to Facetime me right when they were landing, so she got to see them too!


I moved over to an area between Cottonwood and Camp Verde to meet up with the WINs. It was still close enough to Sedona to go on the trails there.


I took them on the Teacup Trail, my favorite. Only the third time I've done it this year!


There we are, with Coffee Pot Rock in the background. (I have no idea where the Teacup is...)


Arriving back at the trailhead.


On Easter, we had a Potluck, with ham, turkey, and all the trimmings.


Balloons go over this area too!

It was a great visit to one of my very favorite areas!

8 comments:

  1. Now that is an Easter spread!! Nobody should have left hungry!
    Great pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never done Tea Cup trail, I will have to add that to my Sedona list 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I also love that trail, I don't think I'd do it three times. ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. too cool ! always learn something ! ha .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would be quite an enjoyable camping experience with all of the balloons to watch. The balloon from the Hotel Hershey went past our place the other day. We see a few during the spring and summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the photos! That Easter spread sure looks good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a lot of hot air in Sedona... :c)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!