Thursday, July 23, 2009

Welcome to Cheyenne Frontier Days

I'm here for 10 days of rip-roarin' fun, starting off with the first of 3 parades last Saturday.


This is horse country, and there are some beautiful huge horses in the parade.


And some tiny ones too!


These ladies dressed up their horses to the nines! Notice the one on the right is carrying a drink.


But after all those horses, you'd better watch your step if you're in the band!


There's a seemingly endless stream of beautiful carriages, wagons, and the horses pulling them.


Oh yippee! My favorite thing - rusty stuff!


This town takes care of their senior citizens too. These men and women have their own personal wagon trains.


And anybody who's anybody can be in the parade - even the county coroner.



"Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy!" I think that was real beer they were throwing around - it sure smelled like it!

5 comments:

  1. Wow looks a fun time Diane... Loved all the horses and the parade must have been great to see. Have a funtastic time my friend!

    (((HUGS)))
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got to put that on our list of must do's. Calgary too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never did SEE that parade. I see they have more than fire engines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grrrrrrrreat, I was there in the Winter once, just have to try it without snow on the ground. Travel safe.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!