Sunday, July 12, 2009

This and That

I forgot to mention that while in the DC area, I went to the new Air and Space Museum in Northern Virginia near Dulles Airport. The museum downtown was grown out of, for obvious reasons. This one is big enough for all the planes, even a Concorde! The Concorde was flown from 1976 until 2003.


It even has a space shuttle, although this particular one was never flown in space and just used for training.


Heading back out West, I was happy to see the Arch in St. Louis. That meant I was back west of the Mississippi.


Back in Sedalia, MO again, Phil was shopping for a new car. Well, maybe not here.


Fireworks in Sedalia on the Fourth. This were taken with my Canon using the fireworks setting. I thought the 2 second exposure was a little slow, but maybe with anything slower it would be hard to catch the right moment.


Heading up towards Iowa, I went through Amish country.


I thought this huge bonnet was the most amazing part of it.


In Iowa, we went out for ribs. It's hard to see just how huge they were, but this is on an oversized plate. The bones just fell out, it was so tender. I managed to eat almost half of it and took the rest home. These Iowegians really know their meat!


And love was in the air!


Finally, Phil's new car, a 2009 Suzuki Grand Vitara.

3 comments:

  1. Love the fireworks picture - I didn't even try. Cool car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice fireworks photo. Phil - your new vehicle is very nice looking. We like the color! Now our Giovanni has a little cousin. Okay, that was bad, but we are tired from three days of caching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love thwe firework picture and the bug. Oh, nice car Phil.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!