Monday, July 27, 2009

Pancakes and Thunderbirds

There is a free pancake breakfast at Cheyenne Days, not just once, but three times! Each time, over 10,000 folks are fed pancakes and ham.

The line wound up and down different streets, for a total of about 20 blocks, but it really moves.


Just 45 minutes later, I'm very near the prize.


Just how much food it takes to feed 30,000 breakfast? Here's the answer.


The story is that they mix the pancake batter in a cement truck.



After the pancakes are cooked, they are thrown over the cook's shoulder to a waiting Boy Scout.


I made it!


Now to find a place to sit....


Looks good, huh?



We were even entertained while we ate.


Later that morning, the Air Force Thunderbirds had a show.


They were REALLY far away, very hard to get a good shot of their F-16s.


Finally at the end of the show they went overhead on their way to their landing.

7 comments:

  1. This is a great post... but I don't think I would stand in line that long... Maybe!!! I love the Thunderbirds... What fun getting to watch the show. These were great pictures I loved them... Have fun my friend!

    (((HUGS)))
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story! I bet you met some interesting people while you waited in line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure are making me homesick. Born and raised in Cheyenne. Been in Austin for the past 17 years. Can't wait to get back up north.

    Where are you heading from Cheyenne?

    - Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had some perfect weather too. We're getting wet here in the East.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great article and you have made me want to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The line went amazingly fast. I did it three times last year. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was it fun getting the tatto?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!