Sunday, April 12, 2020

A Cougar and Lots of Flowers


After an overnight stop in Yuma after I returned from Hawaii, I moved on to Apache Junction, AZ. One of the first things I did was go on a hike with my sister near the Superstition Mountains.


We went by our favorite cactus, "The Huggers." I ended up doing this hike several more times, so more pictures to come...


In Apache Junction, there's a neat lot with tons of flowers and some rusty stuff. I'm in heaven!


For a few days around the equinox, the shadow of a cougar chasing his prey appears on the Superstition Mountains right at sunset. Not quite there when I first arrived...


But wow! There he is!!!


It's been rather cool this spring, so 99.9% of the saguaros don't even have buds yet. But there is always one early bloomer. If you're in the area, it's on Baseline between Signal Butte and Meridian, in the median strip.


I don't know why this one blooms so early, but it's consistent every year.


Shopping has been crazy, of course. This is the line to get into Costco. Not too bad -


But apparently sometimes it winds up and down a good part of the parking lot. Crazy times!

1 comment:

  1. Loved the picture of the Cougar Shadow.
    These are crazy times that none of us ever dreamed we'd be seeing in our lifetimes.
    Be Safe and Enjoy practicing Social Distancing.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!