Monday, March 26, 2018

Leaving the Country Once Again!


In the last several years, I have wanted to explore out of the US more and more. When I saw an ad for a 7-day bus trip to Copper Canyon in Mexico, I jumped at the chance. The bus left Mesa very early in the morning, and made its first stop at the Mission in Tucson, where I had just been a few days earlier.


We soon crossed the border at Nogales, and I started snapping pictures - the first being this painting of the Virgin Mary along the highway.


We stopped in the city of Hermosilla, the capital of the State of Sonora. We visited the Government Palace, built in 1859 by Yaqui Indian labor, almost destoyed by a fire in 1948, and since renovated.


The interior courtyard displays fascinating murals depicting the history of Sonora.


Just beautiful!


Also in the square is the Cathedral de la Ascencion.


I just love the interiors of the old cathedrals!


The sun went down, and we still weren't at our destination for the evening - San Carlos.


When we arrived, we were treated to a Mariachi band, a welcome drink -


And then dinner with free wine. We were all very happy!


The next morning, I woke up to this beautiful view from my balcony! Much more to come!

8 comments:

  1. Great sunset photo and of course a fabulous view from your balcony. Enjoy the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wondered about this place. Keep the photos coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The way you keep leaving the country makes one wonder if you're running from the law. Probably from felony picture taking of rusty stuff! :cD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that balcony offers a view worthy of getting out of bed early!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!