Sunday, April 26, 2009

Arriving at the Stockyards

Heading north through Fort Worth was a daunting journey. Lots of traffic and roads. Maybe I'm too far East again?


I'm staying in a lot at the Stockyards, a historical district in Fort Worth, with the SI, Singles International, the singles group of FMCA.


This is a great opportunity. Lots of the buildings are over 100 years old.


Twice a day, they have a "cattle drive" down the main street.


It was pretty tame and I was a tad disappointed. They were walking slower than I do. I guess I was expecting "The Running of the Bulls."


These cattle must be well into old age.


The first night we went to a terrific bar, Pearls. Margheritas were only $1, and they were pretty good.


Sher heard that the 20th one was free, so she started collecting cups.



"If you're gonna play in Texas, you gotta have a fiddle in the band." Seems to be true in this neck of the woods. This guy was great playing "Cotton Eye Joe."

3 comments:

  1. Love those Longhorns! I especially like the picture of the one looking right at you. He's either thinking about charging or saying, "Just take the picture and get out!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, those Longhorns look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the picture of all the lushes you hang out with.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!