Sunday, March 22, 2009

Pepe's on the River

I've been hearing about Pepe's for quite a while now, so I finally got to go.


It's made like a giant palapa, open on the sides. There used to be 2 Pepe's, one owned by each son of the original Pepe, but Pepe's II is falling into the river and no longer open.


The place was packed, and we had trouble finding a seat. We finally ended up at a picnic table outside, right behind the band.


Pepe's is located right on the Rio Grande River. That's Mexico over there. Apparently when the border wall comes through here, Pepe's will be on the wrong side of the wall. I don't know what will happen then.


A popular thing to do is hit a golf ball out of the country. How many people can say they've done that?


4 comments:

  1. I missed that about hitting the golf ball out of the country, but mine would just plop into the American side of the river anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Pepe's! Sorry to hear about the other falling in the river. Last year, in the evening the other Pepe's was where the local hispanics come to salsa. It had a Mexican band and was not country at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I KNOW OF A ELDERLY COUPLE WHO VISITED THIS PLACE. THE SO CALLED MANAGER WAS VERY, VERY "RUDE". HIS NAME IS MAGGIE. HE'S OR A SHORT FAT MEXICAN GUY.
    IF I EVER MEET HIM I WILL LET HIM KNOW THAT HE SHOULD NOT BE SUCH A RUDE PERSON.
    IF ANYONE READS THIS, PLEASE LET HIM KNOW, TO NOT BE LIKE THAT.
    HE NEEDS TO CHANGE HIS WAYS !!!!!!
    I GUESS HE HAS THE FAT SHORT MAN COMPLEX

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took my wife tonight for the first time to have dinner.
    I had to go get the waitress to wait on us and again to pay.
    We spent $25 or dinner for two.
    I ordered shrimp and my wife fish.
    I received 4 shrimp, 13 french fries, and less than ounce of cole slaw.
    My wife has food poisoning and has been throwing up for three or four hours.
    Last time going there, ever.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!