Monday, April 24, 2017

More Sedona


A good place to see the whole town is from the airport. They've started to charge to park there, but it's not too bad...


Barbara and I went early to the Chapel of the Holy Cross. While waiting for it to open, we got a view of Cathedral Rock and a gigantic mansion. WOW!


Also got to see Bell Rock in the distance.


The Chapel was built in the 1950s -


Amongst the red rocks of Sedona.


I like to look at the Stations of the Cross in different Catholic churches, and these were definitely some of the strangest I have ever seen. They were made out of old railroad spikes.


Afterwards, we visited the upscale artsy shopping area of Tlaquepaque. No, I didn't buy anything...


But I did get cozy with Albert Einstein.


There were some beautiful bronze statues there.


And lots of flowers.


Afterwards, we drove up Schnebly Hill Road, where 8-10 Javelena crossed the road in front of us. WOW!

4 comments:

  1. That was such a fabulous morning! Love your pictures. One of these days, I'll do a post with MY photos - Geez, I'm so behind! I really enjoyed the chapel and Tlaquepaque and especially the Javalina. They were a real treat, and totally unexpected! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty there..love the bronzes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is one huge mansion!! Four car garage!!
    Love those views....fabulous!!
    Haha! How neat to have a javelena of cross the street in front of you!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!