Sunday, October 10, 2021

Heading Down Highway 395

My very favorite way to head south for the winter is down Highway 395 in California. My first stop is Crowley Lake Campground near Mammoth Lakes. There are lots of nice hikes in the area. This one starts out at Lake George.
The fall colors are just gorgeous!
The trail continues on to Lake Barrett, and then TJ Lake.
But my very favorite hike is Little Lakes Valley. I've done it many times. It doesn't look like much here -
But it goes by lake after lake after lake. This is Mack Lake.
And this is my favorite, Marsh Lake. It would be a lot prettier if not for the smoke from the wildfires.
I found a new trail back this time, which follows Rock Creek back to Mack Lake.
And also near Crowley Lake are a lot of natural hot springs. Just turn at the green church. This is my favorite, Pulky Pool. Can it get any better than this? Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. I too like to go down 395 at this time of year, from Gardnerville, with a stop at hot springs in Bridgeport, Crowley Lake (that looks like Hilltop hotspring?), and on down to Bishop. Unfortunately, we are locked in Canada again, unless they re-open the border :-( Our border is open to vaccinated Americans, but the US won't let in vaccinated Canadians (by RV)!! Still hoping ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I commented but I don’t see it here. This is going on my list of places to go and things to see. Thank you so much for sharing all of this.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!