Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Moving Farther Up the Oregon Coast to Florence

My next stop was up the coast farther to Florence, OR. Of course, the first thing I wanted to do was go to Heceta Head Lighthouse.
I just love lighthouses! Unfortunately, there were no tours going on.
But the views were gorgeous!
Lots of cormorants out on that big rock.
Looking back to where the first picture was taken, you can see one of the many Art Deco bridges on the Oregon coast.
I walked around downtown Florence, where they have one of the most beautiful bridges crossing the Siuslaw River.
This unique sea lion welcomed me.
I was enthralled with the mailboxes being used as bird houses!
And of course there was lots of walking on the beach, although you had to climb over the sand dune to get to it. But it was well worth it!

1 comment:

  1. I know you usually stay at Elks..I have Antlers and I missed saying howdy when your pals were in CDA Elks...(The Best, IMHO.)..Do you know if Oregon is still screwing the out-of-staters?..
    Idaho has just doubled some parks for we who wander...
    They still send me $$$ worth of paperwork wanting me to visit...
    Sheesh!.....Hope the sun keeps shining on you on the coast...
    David

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!