Sunday, September 19, 2021

Bend, Oregon - One of My Favorite Places!

From the Oregon Coast, I headed inland to one of my very favorite places - Bend! One of the first things I did was go see some of the many lakes nearby. This is my favorite one - Sparks Lake. In the background is South Sister Mountain -
And Broken Top Mountain.
The water is a little low, but it's still a perfect place to kayak. It was starting to get a little smokey because of the fires in Oregon.
By the time I got to the next lake, it was really getting smokey.
This would be the perfect place to learn to sail!
On another day, I did a trip to Tumalo Falls, just a short hike from the trailhead. Just beautiful!
And if you walk farther up the trail, you can see a few other small falls.
Back where I was parked, at the Moose Lodge in Bend, I had this cute little visitor. I'm guessing a Red-Tailed Hawk.
The smoke was pretty bad at times when I was there. This is what the sun looked like sometimes... Lots more to see here - stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!