Friday, January 25, 2019

On to Quartzsite!


One of my very favorite gatherings of the year is in Quartzsite, AZ. That's because it's our largest WIN gathering of the year, and I get to see lots of people I haven't seen in awhile.

I got there before the gathering started, and my friends, Polly and Doris, invited me out to see rusty stuff at an old ghost town. Sign me up! It was 40 miles away in the old town of Midland, CA.


Wow! Rusty stuff!!!


But if you go over to the wash, you can find lots of old rusty stuff -


And pieces of ceramic pottery!


This ocotillo was an unusual shade of red.


The WINs also went to see the Bouse Fisherman Intaglio.


It's a little hard to make out - it used to be a lot more visible.


And we saw the big Quartzsite directional arrow for airplanes.


Beautiful scenery all around!


And then the Big Tent opened. Lots of interesting stuff there.


This booth wasn't very popular....

1 comment:

I love comments!