Monday, November 29, 2021

Yes, I'm Still Alive!

I know it's been a long time since I posted, but I hadn't been doing much. But after I got back to Apache Junction, AZ, my life picked up.
My favorite hike in the area is off of First Water Road, just past Lost Dutchman State Park. You can walk right up to the Superstition Mountains!
There are also lots of cute horses and mules on the trail.
Here I am by my favorite "Hugging Cactus."
Everytime I go on this hike, I see lots of Phainopeplas. The weird thing is that I never see them anywhere else!
On Halloween, the Moose Lodge where I was staying had a "Trunk 'n Treat" event for the kids.
There were some amazing Trunks!
This was my favorite.
On another day, I went out to the Salt River to look for the wild horses that hang around there. This is all I found...
But I went back the next day, and found two of them! Apparently, wild horses have been in this area for well over 100 years!
I had some beautiful sunsets when I was here!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to know you're still alive. Thot maybe you rode off into the sunset with that cowboy you found! :cD

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!