Sunday, April 4, 2021

Just How Close Can You Get to a Giraffe?

Pretty close - especially if you have food in your hand!
Wow, that's one loooooong tongue you have there...
He stayed around for a little while after, but soon realized the food was gone. Rosemary and I took a trip to The Living Desert Zoo in Palm Desert, CA. Here are some of the interesting animals we saw.
The Ankole Longhorn had gigantic horns! I don't know how he can keep his head up!
This Bighorn sheep was way up on top of a rock pile, but fortunately, I had my camera with the big zoom with me.
The Island Fox was being fed while we were there. It looked like people food to me.
This couple were pretty upset because a zoo employee was trying to use a mirror to see what was in their nest.
The Laughing Kookaburra wasn't in a laughing mood.
The zoo has a gigantic model train display. This is only a very small part of it.
On another day, we went to the Coachella Valley Preserve and went on a hike -
To the McCallum Grove and Pond.

1 comment:

  1. Nice that you are still out exploring taking in the wonders of nature.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!