Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Time to Move Farther Up the Hill


Before I left Prescott Valley, I took a trip to one more lake, Lynx Lake.


You can walk all the way around the lake, even going over the dam.


Back at the Elks Lodge, where I was parked, more of the cactus were starting to bloom.


A few Gambel's Quail came by to visit my campsite -


And we often could hear coyotes down in the valley behind my rig. This poor guy was all alone though...


When it got too hot, I moved up the hill towards Flagstaff, to meet up with some friends.


And lots of cows...


Meanwhile my youngest granddaughter had her 6th birthday on Facetime. I'll bet she won't forget this! She's such a happy kid that she just loved it. I played "Happy Birthday" for her on my ukulele.

I hope everyone's doing well, and I sure hope this is over soon!

4 comments:

  1. A belated Birthday Wish to your Granddaughter
    You have all kinds of Wildlife to keep you entertained.
    Glad you are keeping yourself Safe and Enjoying the change of scenery.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Diana. A fun read as usual. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful shot of the quail. We have them in the desert, but they don't let us get close. What a beautiful granddaughter! My 7 year old granddaughter is so good on Facetime and Zoom. Theirs is going to be a very different world!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!