Monday, May 18, 2020

Lots To Do Around Prescott Valley


There are tons of hiking trails around Prescott and Prescott Valley, but one of my favorites is along the shore of Watson Lake.


I went there several times, but once with my travel buddy, Rosemary, who was passing through the area.


It's a beautiful hike, although it involves a lot of rock scrambling. But the trail is very well marked with white dots.


The manzanita bushes were in full bloom.


Once again, some little guy tried to sell me insurance...


Back at my camping spot at the Prescott Elks Lodge, the Prickly Pear Cactus were starting to bloom.


And this Roadrunner came by a couple of times to say Hello.


Anyone know what this is?


I've been having weekly Zoom Happy Hour meetings with my WIN friends. I'm afraid that it makes me just feel more lonely, though...


Good night! The gorgeous view from my parking spot, overlooking Fain Lake.

3 comments:

  1. I was hoping someone would know about the orange thing, a google image search said "caridean shrimp". The blurb said both salt & fresh water for the shrimp.
    Looks odd whatever it is! Good find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish we could have stopped by as we drove to Las Vegas. Love that town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice that you are still able to get together with your WIN Friends even if it does make you miss them more.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your hikes.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!