Friday, October 4, 2019

Moving South Quickly Now


It was getting a little too cold, so we moved south quickly. Our first stop was Merrill Campground on Eagle Lake near Susanville, CA. It's a beautiful campground. Most of the sites are in the trees, but I managed to score one in the sun, right on the lake!


It was so cold in the morning that there was steam on the lake.


These guys didn't seem to mind, though.


One day we hiked over to the marina. They have 2 boat ramps there. This one is obviously for when the lake is much higher.


We walked out on the spit to take in the views.


On another day, we drove into Susanville and went to the Lassen Museum.


Then we went for a walk on the Bizz Johnson trail, a rails-to-trails in Susanville.


Our goal was "Hobo Camp," where ironically, camping is not allowed.


One day we had a "Burn Your Own" potluck - bring your own meat, plus a side dish to share.


Afterwards, we had some music from our fellow WINs. I even got to play my ukulele!


And, totally unrelated, the first day we arrived here, we got to enjoy 9:19:19 on 9/19/19!

2 comments:

  1. I love your cute little trailer. Can I pry and ask if you've done a post on that and on your tow vehicle?
    Wishing you a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done a couple, you can find them on the right side of the web page. One is "My Road to Fulltiming," and the other is "A Look Inside My Trailer."

      Delete

I love comments!