Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Trying to Catch Up!

I didn't post much all winter because I wasn't doing anything. But now - I can do stuff again. So this is my last post on my winter in Yuma. I thought this was funny - I went by it on my way to our parking place on Sidewinder Road. Is this for airmail or are they expecting snow?
One day I went to explore West Wetlands Park in Yuma. It's beautiful! I can't believe I haven't been here, with all the time I've spent in Yuma over the years.
One day I took the group out to the Valley of Names, north of Yuma.
It goes on for at least a mile!
We then went to see the last damn dam on the Colorado River. I was really looking forward to sharing this with the group. Not many people know that there is a dam here at Yuma. But when we got there, I found out there is now a wall on the border! I thought it was going to be a dud excursion, but fortunately, there was a gap in the wall where we could view the dam. It would have been a better picture earlier in the day. We were looking into the sun here.
This is a Mexican dam, where they take 95% of the water remaining in the Colorado River to water their farm fields. I'm glad there is enough water left at this point for their needs!
You can see green on Google maps all the way over to Mexicali, and almost 100 miles south!
There is always Border Patrol people here, and we started talking to one. And then he said, "Excuse me, I have to go arest some people." We thought he was kidding, but turned around to see a Mexican family walking towards us! What an exciting stop!
And then, the day that Nomadland was available on the internet, we watched it that evening. It was especially great for us because we knew a lot of the people who were in it!

2 comments:

  1. You really had more to write about then you originally thought.
    According to the Media there's even more border crossings lately.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to travel in our RV, although not year round. We miss it and all the interesting things we got to see. Your post brought back many pleasant memories for me. I want to see Nomadland as well. I'm sure it is wonderful
    Jo

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!