Saturday, January 13, 2018

Christmas in the Desert


I spent most of December at Mesa Regal RV Resort, where I had been since October 2nd. They have a Fall Special, and I took full advantage of it.


I spent a lot of my time doing this...


It's not always this calm though - Water Volleyball is very popular.


On December 21st, I moved down to Yuma to join back up with the WINs. One of the first things we did was go on an outing to the Valley of the Names. Located north of Yuma, there are miles and miles of names and pictures made with rocks.


We decided to leave our signature...


WINs 2017!


On Christmas Eve, we had a jam session of Christmas songs. I played my Baritone Ukulele.


RVs don't have chimneys, so how does Santa get in? I got a photo!


And I hijacked Santa's reindeer to move my trailer. No gas necessary!


On Christmas morning, we had a pancake and egg breakfast. Yummy!


Then we had a Chinese Gift Exchange. (Google it...) The tall skinny presents were very popular!


In the afternoon, there was a ham dinner and a dance at the VFW, next to where we were parked.


And great news! My youngest granddaughter is now old enough to not be afraid of Santa!

1 comment:

  1. Well that's a mighty pretty granddaughter you have. I love the Chinese gift exchange. Always so much fun. Thanks for letting me know how Santa gets into RVs. I've always wondered. But how in the world did he have time to loan you his reindeer? Mesa Regal looks like a wonderful spot to spend some time. Three months is long enough to really get a feel for a place. I understand they would not allow Winnona though since her birth date is 2004.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!