Saturday, October 7, 2017

Heading South, with a Stop in Idaho Falls


After Yellowstone, I headed south because I would be flying out of Salt Lake City to go back east for a couple very important things. But first, I stopped in Idaho Falls. The falls here are interesting because they are partly dammed up and partly preserved in their original state.


The Idaho Falls LDS Temple is the big attraction here.


Birds sit on the top of the falls to catch their dinner.


Along the Riverwalk are various animal sculptures.


Cute!


Also some stone Japanese lanterns.


One day, I headed south to the State Fair, stopping along the way to see Hell's Half Acre, an area of volcanic flow.


At the fair I saw some very clean animals -


Hi there!


Awwww.... How cute!



The highlight of the day for me was the kid's pie eating contest.


This guy didn't win, but he was really cute, and I loved his shirt!

1 comment:

I love comments!