Tuesday, August 30, 2016

The Rest of Sequim


Sequim is a great town, and we had a wonderful parking spot at the Grange. One day, 3 of us went to Fort Worden in Port Townsend. There's a really nice walk around the peninsula.


People build little shelters on the beach out of the driftwood. And what do I see in the distance???


Point Wilson Lighthouse! It wasn't open, but it was still a lighthouse - one of my favorite things!


We saw a cute little otter on the dock in town.


Then went to eat at the Sirens restaurant in town - fantastic food and view.


On another day, we took the ferry from Port Townsend to Whidbey Island, a short distance away.


In the distance, you can just make out Mt. Baker.


The ferry docks right next to Fort Casey.


Forts are another of my favorite things.


They even had the disappearing gun, which lowered after shooting.


And does it get any better than this! The Admiralty Head Lighthouse is also on the grounds.


On yet another day, we hiked out onto the Dungeness Spit. Lots of beautiful driftwood here.


And waaaaay out there is yet another lighthouse. I wasn't willing to walk the five miles each way, so -


I zoomed in with my new camera.

4 comments:

  1. I didnt get there at the right time to hike the 5 miles on the spit either...Sequim is a lovely area love those light houses!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The entire Olympic Peninsula has so much to offer, always like to see other do to help plan our next trip. Did you see any ghosts at Fort Casey? It is said to be haunted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad that old cannon wasn't rusty or that would have really made you visit memorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favorite places. Nice tour

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!