Wednesday, December 17, 2014

WIN Dance Rally


This is the second year that the WIN All-Singles Dance Rally has been held in the cute little town of Wickenburg, AZ, and the second year that I have been the Treasurer. Joyce, the Registrar, and I worked the registration table on the first day. I know it looks like I'm not working, but I think I was calling someone who hadn't checked in yet.


On the first evening we had a Spaghetti Feed, put on by Bill, an amazing spaghetti guru. His sauce was to die for.


There were 5 days of dance lessons, beginning in the morning and intermediate in the afternoon.


And lots of themed dances, with great bands. The first one was the Sadie Hawkins dance, where we girls got to ask the guys to dance. And of course we dressed up like hillbillies.


And then there was the dress-up night, "Putting on the Ritz."


Chuck can be a little too literal at times...


After that came Tahiti night - check out the figures on these four!


Of course, I had to try to outdo them. Do you like Phil's new blond hair?


Then there was Carnival in Rio de Janeiro. Believe it or not, this is the only one that I didn't already have a costume for, so I went to the local thrift store and got this beautiful beaded dress for $3 !!!


Most of these pictures were taken by Lyn, who used to be a professional photographer. She put them on the internet for us all to use.


And we had a Tacky Fashion Show. Jan, on the right, won the prize for her "Double Breasted" outfit. (Look closely at her back...)


And then there was the usual Talent/No Talent show, which started off with the No Talent Band, in which I played my brand new ukulele. I only knew 2 chords, but it didn't matter. No one could hear me above all the kazoos.


More food! The most delicious pizza ever!


The last evening was spent sleep-dancing in Rip Van Winkle's Village. I sure have gotten a lot of wear out of this costume.

What a great time!

10 comments:

  1. LOL...that was a hoot! I like the Ritzy outfits!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your $3 Thrift store dress. I'd love to see the whole thing. This looks like loads and loads of fun. You guys must be GREAT dancers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a lot of fun dancing up a storm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys always have so much fun. Very creative group of folks.
    (do you realize that I have to prove I'm not a robot on your comments)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry Sandie. Had no idea this was on here. I can't figure out how to get rid of it. Anyone have an idea?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved this blog post and all the great costumes!

    Here's a link to my favorite blogging guru's post from yesterday, in which he explains how to get rid of the "prove you're not a robot" requirement.

    http://bitsnbytespicsnews.blogspot.com/2014/12/how-to-get-rid-of-bloggers-robot-word.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Sandie, Sharon, and Rick. I hope I fixed it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're having entirely too much fun! We "non-robots" are jealous! :cD

    PS: Looks like you fixed it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. See, I can never go to another dance rally, I don't have any costumes. Love Phil's sparkly hat.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!